Which tyres?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which tyres?

Post by Dobbs on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:15 am

I'm always curious to know what rubber others are fitting to their motors as it's the one area of car maintenance where I look to buy the best possible parts I can afford.

I'm about to get 4 new Uniroyal Rainsport 3's fitted to my V5 as they are my current favorite tire.  I've found a local mobile fitter who'll fit them while I'm at work for a total of £290.

I've used Camskills in the past and used a local garage to fit the tires which is another option others might like to consider.  Camskills supply tires via mail order and have a good range and good prices.

Here's a few links for you:

Tire reviews: tyrereviews.co.uk
Uniroyal Rainsport 3's review: tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Uniroyal/Rainsport-3.htm
Cmskills: camskill.co.uk

So what rubber do you use?

Cheers,

Dobbs.  Cool

Dobbs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which tyres?

Post by R444SPY on Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:30 am

Hi Dobbs, I cannot agree more that you do unfortunately get what you pay for with tyres. I would never scrimp nowadays when buying my own tyres to save £10-£20 per tyre if I could get a premium tyre for the difference. The tyres I currently have on my car are a middle of the road budget tyre. They perform very well in the dry but in the wet I am sure they are trying to get me off the road. The point is that I had a limited budget at that time and my wheels and tyres were bought for a good price so am happy at the moment to take it easy in the wet and wear the remaining tread out but when it comes to replacing the tyres then my preference will be to buy Pirelli P Zero's which I have had on a few cars, Yokohama Advan V105's, or I also hear Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's are a great performing tyre.
R444SPY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inzor on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:14 pm

in the past i've bought toyo proxes T1R tyres and loved them, i loved the tread pattern on them too. i then went a step up from them with the proxes sports, which cost a bit more. i didnt think they were worth the extra money, they were only a bit better in the wet, about the same in the dry (weekend car, rarely goes out in the wet and when it does it's never pushed hard in the corners).

just now im running the tyres that came with the new (to me) wheels. they're michelins but not sure on the exact tyres. they're almost dead so i wont be rating them.

i'll be looking to buy new tyres in the next few months, so will be watching this thread. if nothing else apeals, i'll just get T1Rs again, if you get them in 235/45/17.

inzor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum